Tuesday 27 May 2014



Fed UP!!


Harta. O harto. To be fed up (with something, with somebody) es estar hartos de algo o de alguien. Sencillito.



1) A: I'm so fed up with the world cup already.
         Ya estoy podrida/harta/cansada del mundial.
     B: It hasn't even started yet!
          ¡Ni siquiera empezó!

2) A: Did the plumber and the painter come today?
         ¿Vinieron el plomero y el pintor hoy?
     B: Nope. They told me they would be here by 4, and here I am, still waiting.
         Nops. Me dijeron que iban a estar acá a las 4, y acá estoy, esperando todavía.
     A: I'm so fed up with these guys...
          Estoy re podrido de estos tipos...

3) Student: I'm sorry I wasn't here for the test yesterday, I- -
                  Disculpe que ayer no vine al examen, es que - -
    Teacher: You know, I'm so fed up (with) hearing the same old excuses. Please think of something original this time....
         ¿Sabés qué? Estoy tan harta de escuchar las mismas excusas de siempre. Por favor, pensá en algo original esta vez...

Are you fed up with anything? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive